Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Is it possible to give yourself temporary amnesia?

I was just wondering if there was a way to slip into a temporary amnesia. I'm NOT going to do it, of course. I'm very happy with remebering things; amnesia is just something that interests me. Personally, I would really hate to not remember anything.Is it possible to give yourself temporary amnesia?
You can't create amnesia. You can, however, employ what is called selective memory. We all do that. It's driven by selective hearing (among other things). A kid can be oblivious to what's said to him (like 'come in and clean your room) until he hears something that gets his attention (like 'anyone for ice cream?'...



There's a bottom line here....we can remember best what we pay attention to.Is it possible to give yourself temporary amnesia?
You can't FORCE it unless you have severe physical or emotional trauma. =)
  • harry potter games online
  • baja fresh coupons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment